How many online stores are on the Shopify ecommerce platform? What are some interesting shops on Shopify? Who are the top Shopify merchants? February 27, 2011Posted by HubTechInsider in Ecommerce, Startups.
Tags: Amnesty International, Bessemer Venture Partners, e-commerce, ecommerce, Electronic commerce, FirstMark Capital, shopify, Tesla Motors
1 comment so far
Per Shopify Corporate numbers dated 31 December 2010, there were 11,323 active merchants using Shopify as their ecommerce solution.
Those stores had over 2.7 million customers, who placed 1.6 million orders in 2010, generating $124 million in sales within that year, which was double the sales on Shopify stores in 2009.
Year over year, the raw numbers and percentage increases of Shopify merchants’ stores, total online sales through the Shopify platform, and total number of online orders placed on the Shopify platform from 2009 to 2010 were:
1. Number of Shopify merchant stores: 6,656 (2009) -> 11,323 (2010) [a 70% YOY increase]
2. Sales through Shopify: $59 million (2009) -> $124 million (2010) [a 110% YOY increase]
3. Number of orders processed through Shopify: .69 million (2009) -> 1.6 million (2010) [a 132% YOY increase]
I have been using Shopify since the early days, being one of the top RoR, or Ruby-0n-Rails, ecommerce applications. I have found it to be stable, easy to use, fast and dependably reliable. It is easy to customize and develop for. Very quick and easy to get started, and a store gets up and running quickly. I am available to share all that I have learned about running Shopify. Feel free to drop me an email.
visit my Shopify store: http://www.tshirtnow.net
Check out this great article:
Other Top Shopify Merchants:
The Indianapolis Star Tribune
Moka Joe Coffee
Gold Cart Tires n More
Good as Gold
The Heads of State
Love Your Home For Less
Alfresco by Design
Clothing + Kindness
The Hull Design
The Boat Safe
StarBlu Luxury Resort Wear
Independent Origins Trading Company
Trix & Dandy
- HubSpot Shopify Integration a BIG DEAL for SMB online marketing (customerthink.com)
- Shopify gets fundified! (startupcfo.ca)
- Which ecommerce solution should I start with as a beginner (ask.metafilter.com)
- The Quiet E-Commerce Renaissance (robwebb2k.com)
- Keys to Shopify’s Success – an Interview with Tobias Lutke (yearonelabs.com)
- Shopify raises $7 Million Series A (shopify.com)
- Speedy New Sign-Up Flow has Vurve Customers Up and Running in Under Five Minutes (vurve.com)
- Ask HN: Tell me about your failed startup. (news.ycombinator.com)
- store.pvponline.com (pvponline.com)
- Notorious C.A.T. (pvponline.com)
More Articles From Boston’s Hub Tech Insider:
- Twelve Tips For Agile Project Planning and Estimating
- Eight ways to tell if your Project Team is on the Way Up, or on the Way Down
- The Twenty Laws of Testing Computer Software
- What are the qualities of bad software code?
- What is a software requirements traceability matrix?
- What is pattern-based software development? What is pattern-based design for software projects?
- Why Designing for a VUI is harder than designing for a GUI
- The Hub Tech Insider Glossary of Mobile Web Terminology
- The Hub Tech Insider Glossary of Stock Options Terminology
- How many Stock Options should executives at a startup be granted?
- Agile Development In Practice
- What is ‘Management By Walking Around’?
- Boston Area Video Game Companies
- Shopify eCommerce
- Demandware eCommerce
- How to expand your professional network on LinkedIn
- How to use LinkedIn in your job search
- Twitter and network effects
- How much bandwidth does a smartphone use? How much bandwidth does an Apple iPad use? How much bandwidth does an Apple iPhone use?
- What is a product roadmap? What is an engineering roadmap? How do you create a product roadmap?
- What is Scrum?
- What is a “Use Case”?
- What is a “User Story”?
- What is UML? What is Unified Modeling Language?
- What is Indirect Spend?
- What is EDIINT? What is AS2, AS1, AS3 and AS4?