How many Massachusetts based companies are listed in the Fortune 500? April 23, 2010Posted by HubTechInsider in Investing, Management, Manufacturing, Massachusetts High Technology, Military Contracting, Technology.
Tags: boston, Cambridge, Fortune, Fortune 500, Framingham, Hopkinton, Massachusetts, Natick, Springfield, waltham
There are 13 companies listed in this year’s Fortune 500 index of America’s largest corporations. The chart below lists all 13 Massachusetts-based companies that are in the Fortune 500, their headquarters town in Massachusetts, their rank in the Fortune 500, their 2008 revenues (in millions), and number of employees.
We can see that the 13 corporations in the Fortune 500 index of America’s largest corporations that are based in Massachusetts had combined 2008 revenues of $193 Billion dollars and employed a combined 530,000 people worldwide.
Waltham was the Massachusetts city with the most Fortune 500 company headquarters based within its borders, with three of the companies listed being based in the Watch City. Two were based in Cambridge, two in Framingham, two in Natick, two in Boston, and one each in Springfield and Hopkington.
More Articles From Boston’s Hub Tech Insider:
- Twelve Tips For Agile Project Planning and Estimating
- Eight ways to tell if your Project Team is on the Way Up, or on the Way Down
- The Twenty Laws of Testing Computer Software
- Why Designing for a VUI is harder than designing for a GUI
- The Hub Tech Insider Glossary of Mobile Web Terminology
- The Hub Tech Insider Glossary of Stock Options Terminology
- How many Stock Options should executives at a startup be granted?
- Agile Development In Practice
- What is ‘Management By Walking Around’?
- Boston Area Video Game Companies
- Demandware eCommerce
- How to expand your professional network on LinkedIn
- How to use LinkedIn in your job search
- Twitter and network effects
- How much bandwidth does a smartphone use? How much bandwidth does an Apple iPad use? How much bandwidth does an Apple iPhone use?
- What is Scrum?
- What is a “Use Case”?
- What is a “User Story”?
- What is Indirect Spend?
- What is EDIINT? What is AS2, AS1, AS3 and AS4?