What is ACCU-Ring Optical Networking? Why is it so special? April 17, 2009Posted by HubTechInsider in Telecommunications.
Tags: networking, Telecommunications
A high-performance ring optical network offers important advantages over conventional solutions. ACCU-Ring provides a reliable, cost-effective solution for your data networking needs. ACCU-Ring is a private network backbone that uses a dedicated high-speed fiber ring to carry all of a customer’s network traffic. ACCU-Ring service accommodates private line, switched and enhanced services to carry local and long distance voice, data, and video traffic. This simplifies access to multiple services – helping you to save time and money.
ACCU-Ring service can:
• Consolidate multiple services on a single, integrated access service
• Increase security and reliability for critical applications
• Simplify vendor relationships through a single point of contact and outsourced management.
ACCU-Ring service establishes connections on a dual-fiber ring network between Acess Supplier points of presence, customer premises, and local access providers. ACCU-Ring service is a redundant, self-healing SONET ring architecture that automatically reroutes traffic around network trouble spots in milliseconds.
ACCU-Ring’s self-healing ring architecture is redundant, providing diverse routing backup protection and eliminating single points of failure. If a facility or equipment failure or a transmission problem occurs in the service path, the SONET ring circuit automatically switches to the protect path in less than 100 milliseconds. This protects critical applications from being disrupted or degraded due to loss of signal or transmission impairment.
Applications for ACCU-Ring service are:
• LAN and WAN interconnection
• Full-motion video / Broadcast video
• Comprehensive Service Assurance Warranty
• Dedicated Surveillance Center – Offers around-the-clock Customer Care with 24 x 7 x 365 support
• SONET Reliability – Delivers self-healing SONET ring reroutes around failures in milliseconds
• Network Availability – Designed to provide 99.999% target availability
• Flexible and Scalable – Assures premier nationwide network support for changing needs now and in the future.
• Full Installation Testing – Provides rigorous testing and certification, assuring that each customer’s service meets demanding ACCU-Ring standards.
Available Bandwidth Options
• OC-3 (155 Mbps)
• OC-12 (622 Mbps)
• OC-48 (2.5 Gbps)
• OC-192 (9.9 Gbps) Nodes
ACCU-Ring Service Channel Options
Service Channels connect your on-network locations. Standard and Ethernet Service Channels are available with several bandwidth choices:
Standard Channel Options
• 1.5 Mbps (DS1)
• 45 Mbps (DS3)
• 155 Mbps (OC-3/OC-3c)
• 622 Mbps (OC-12c)
• 2.5 Gbps (OC-48c)
Ethernet Channel Options
• 50 Mbps
• 150 Mbps
• 300 Mbps
• 600 Mbps
• 1 Gbps